Running on the Last Leg of the Tour

First off,  I just have to say - wow.  The past two months have flown by like a dream.  It seems like it was last week that we left Los Angeles to tour the USA.  Yet, here I sit, in our flat in Bremen with only five days left of the tour in Germany.

The past few days we have had two gigs each day.  The time has just been flying by.  Since we landed in Europe on April 11, we have played something around 25 shows, 2 video shoots, 1 radio performance and held 2 workshops with teenagers!  Each show has been memorable in it's own way.  From playing in a hospital to a warehouse and from office building to smokey bar, we have met so many interesting people and I'm sure that won't stop.



While on the road, it's always important to make time for fun. Germany has made that pretty easy with toys on the sidewalk, Reeperbahn, bier and all sorts of other things going on.


 This past Sunday, we played a show in Achim, Germany.  We had a small, but amazing audience who filled the room with a great energy.  The energy was so great, that during my final song, "Hey, Josephine," I was hammering away at my suitcase-kick-drum and blasted the pedal right through it!  Luckily, I've got another side of the suitcase that will carry me through the last days of the tour.


Just yesterday, we met with one of the teenagers from our last workshop and began work on one of my songs.  Friday we will go into the Songs & Whispers Studio and record a special version of 'Back Roads' with Julian playing djembe!  I'm not sure what will become of the recording, but we shall see.

I know that I haven't been posting my daily tour videos and I deeply apologize for this.  We had some troubles with internet connection in the beginning of the tour, so I had some backed up videos and limited time.  So, I've decided to make one long tour journal when I return to the states and I will share all of my adventures with you!

Until then, keep it real!

Much love,

Nico